Proactiv Solution Repairing Treatment
Dosage form: gel
Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5mL in 100mL
Labeler: Guthy-Renker LLC
NDC Code: 11410-906
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%
for the management of acne
For external use only
Do not use this medication if you
- have very sensitive skin.
- are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are using other topical acne medications at the same time or immediately following use of this product.
When using this product
- avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen.
- avoid contact with the eyes, lips and mouth.
- skin irritation may occur, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling or possibly swelling. Irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration.
Stop use and ask a doctor if skin irritation becomes severe.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- cleanse the skin thoroughly before applying this product.
- cover the entire affected area with a thin layer 1 to 3 times daily.
- because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with 1 application daily, then gradually increase to 2 or 3 times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor.
- if bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day.
- if going outside, use a sunscreen.
- sensitivity test: apply product sparingly to one or two small affected areas during the first 3 days. If no discomfort occurs, follow the directions stated.
- avoid contact with hair and dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product.
water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum)
Dist. By Guthy-Renker®
PO Box 14383 • Palm Desert, CA 92255-4383
benzoyl peroxide gel
|Labeler - Guthy-Renker LLC (608315453)|
Medically reviewed on Jan 5, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.