Benzoyl Peroxide by Harris Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Medically reviewed on December 14, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide 50mg in 1mL
Labeler: Harris Pharmaceutical, Inc.
NDC Code: 67405-825
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
5% benzoyl peroxide USP
- For the treatment of acne
For external use only.
- Avoid contact with eyes, eyelids, lips and mucous membranes.
- have very sensitive skin
- are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide
- Avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen.
- Avoid contact with eyes, lips, and mouth.
- Avoid contact with hair or dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product.
- Skin irritation may occur, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling, or possibly swelling.
- Irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration.
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation becomes severe.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Clean the skin thoroughly before applying this product.
- One to three times daily, wet skin and cover the entire affected area with a thin layer, liberally applying to areas to be cleansed. Massage gently into skin for 10-20 seconds working into a full lather, rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
- Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor.
- If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day.
- If going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product.
- Follow directions in the sunscreen labeling.
- If irritation or sensitivity develops stop use of both products and ask a doctor.
Store at controlled room temperature, 15° - 25°C (59° - 77°F)
Carbomer interpolymer type A NF, cetyl alcohol NF, disodium oleamido MEA-sulfosuccinate, edetate disodium USP, glycerin USP, glyceryl stearate/PEG-100 stearate, laureth-12, magnesium aluminum silicate NF, propylene glycol USP, purified water USP, sodium coco-sulfate, sodium lauroamphoacetate, and xanthan gum NF.
Harris Pharmaceutical, Inc.,
Fort Myers, FL 33908
H4S 1X6 CANADA Rev 06/11
benzoyl peroxide liquid
|Labeler - Harris Pharmaceutical, Inc. (617204370)|
|Groupe Parima Montreal||252437850||MANUFACTURE(67405-825)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.