Stona for Children
Dosage form: syrup
Ingredients: acetaminophen 325mg in 15mL, chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg in 15mL, dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10mg in 15mL
Labeler: Sato Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
NDC Code: 49873-108
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredients (in 15 mL)
Chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10mg
Acetaminophen Pain reliever-fever reducer
Chlorpheniramine maleate Antihistamine
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide Cough suppressant
- For the temporary relief of the following cold symptoms
- minor aches and pains
- runny nose
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes:
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if your child is now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
- liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the child is
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- may cause excitability in children
- may cause marked drowsiness
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase the drowsiness effect
Stop use and ask a doctor if
■pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
■fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
■redness or swelling is present
■new symptoms occur
■cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than 5 doses in any 24 hour period
- use only with enclosed measuring cup
- dose as follows while symptoms persist, or as directed by a doctor
children 6 to under 12 years of age: Take 15 mL every 4 hours
children under 6 years of age: do not use. ask a doctor.
This product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- keep container tightly closed
- store at room temperature (20-25 C or 68-77 F)
alcohol, butylparaben, citric acid, FD&C Red No. 40, flavor, polyethylene glycol 1540, propylparaben, propylene glycol, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium hydroxide, sucrose, water.
Questions or comments?
or to report serious adverse events associated with the use of this product call weekdays, 9 am - 5 pm at 1-310-787-1877 or write to the address on the front panel
|STONA FOR CHILDREN
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide syrup
|Labeler - Sato Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (690575642)|
|Sato Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.||715699133||manufacture(49873-108), label(49873-108), pack(49873-108)|
Medically reviewed on Mar 17, 2017
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about acetaminophen/chlorpheniramine/dextromethorphan
- Acetaminophen/chlorpheniramine/dextromethorphan Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- 1 Review
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- FDA Alerts (3)
- Acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine, and dextromethorphan
- Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine, and Dextromethorphan Liquid and Syrup
- Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine, and Dextromethorphan Suspension
Other brands: Triaminic Multi-Symptom Fever, Coricidin HBP Maximum Strength Flu, Tylenol Children’s Cold + Cough + Runny Nose, Vicks Formula 44 Custom Care Cough & Cold PM, Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Nighttime Relief (Alcohol Free)