Delsym Night Time Multi-Symptom
Medically reviewed on December 28, 2017.
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg in 15mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15mg in 15mL, DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE 6.25mg in 15mL
Labeler: Reckitt Benckiser LLC
NDC Code: 63824-186
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each 15 mL)
|Acetaminophen 325 mg||Pain reliever/Fever reducer|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Doxylamine Succinate 6.25 mg||Antihistamine|
temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- runny nose and sneezing
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- to make a child sleepy
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- liver disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a sodium restricted diet
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
- do not use more than directed
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back, or occurs with rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see Overdose warning)
- do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use dosing cup with other products
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
- mL = milliliter
- Adults and Children 12 years and older: 30 mL in dosing cup provided every 6 hours.
- Children under 12 years of age: Do not use.
- each 15 mL contains: sodium 19 mg
- dosing cup provided
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- Keep carton for full directions for use
alcohol, anhydrous citric acid, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium citrate
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Dist. by: Reckitt Benckiser
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
NEW FORMULA – SEE NEW DOSING DIRECTIONS!
(Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer)
Dextromethorphan HBr (Cough Suppressant)
Doxylamine succinate (Antihistamine)
- Fever & Body Aches
- Sore Throat
- Runny Nose
120 mL (4 fl oz)
for Ages 12+
|DELSYM NIGHT TIME
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and doxylamine succinate liquid
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser LLC (094405024)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about acetaminophen/dextromethorphan/doxylamine
- Acetaminophen/dextromethorphan/doxylamine Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, and doxylamine
- Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan, and Doxylamine Capsules
- Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan, and Doxylamine Liquid