Cepacol SORE THROAT AND COUGH by Reckitt Benckiser LLC
Dosage form: lozenge
Ingredients: Benzocaine 7.5mg, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 5mg
Labeler: Reckitt Benckiser LLC
NDC Code: 63824-741
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
SORE THROAT AND COUGH
|Active ingredients (in each lozenge)||Purpose|
|Benzocaine 7.5 mg||Oral pain reliever|
|Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 5 mg||Cough suppressant|
- sore throat
- sore mouth
- minor mouth irritation
- pain associated with canker sores
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold
- Do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or any other 'caine' anesthetics.
- If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use in a child under 6 years of age.
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- cough that is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
- sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days
- irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens
- swelling develops
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- adults and children 12 years and older: take 2 lozenges (one immediately after the other) and allow each lozenge to dissolve slowly in the mouth; may be repeated every 4 hours, not to exceed 12 lozenges in any 24-hour period, or as directed by a doctor
- children 6 to under 12 years of age: take 1 lozenge and allow to dissolve slowly in the mouth; may be repeated every 4 hours, not to exceed 6 lozenges in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor
- children under 6 years of age: do not use
- tamper evident: product is sealed in blister package for your protection. Do not use if carton is damaged or if printed seal on blister is broken or missing.
- store at room temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- protect contents from humidity
acesulfame potassium, cetylpyridinium chloride, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavors, glucose, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium bicarbonate, sucrose
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Dist. by: Reckitt Benckiser
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
SORE THROAT AND COUGH
benzocaine and dextromethorphan hydrobromide lozenge
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser LLC (094405024)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.