Cepacol Sore Throat by Reckitt Benckiser LLC
Medically reviewed on December 19, 2017
Dosage form: lozenge
Ingredients: Benzocaine 15mg, Menthol 2.6mg
Labeler: Reckitt Benckiser LLC
NDC Code: 63824-730
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each lozenge)||Purpose|
|Benzocaine 15 mg||Oral pain reliever|
|Menthol 2.6 mg||Oral pain reliever|
temporary relief of occasional
- sore throat
- sore mouth
- minor mouth irritation
- pain associated with canker sores
- Do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or any other 'caine' anesthetics.
- If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use in a child under 5 years of age.
Stop use and ask a doctor or dentist if
- sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days
- irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens
- swelling, rash or fever develops
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- adults and children 5 years or older: allow lozenge to dissolve slowly in the mouth; may be repeated every 2 hours as needed or as directed by a doctor or dentist.
- children under 5 years of age: do not use
- tamper evident: product is sealed in blister package for your protection. Do not use if carton or blister package has been disturbed or opened.
- store at room temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- protect contents from humidity
cetylpyridinium chloride, D&C yellow #10, FD&C yellow #6, flavors, isomalt, maltitol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium bicarbonate, sucralose
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Dist. by: Reckitt Benckiser, Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
benzocaine and menthol lozenge
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser LLC (094405024)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about Cepacol Sore Throat (benzocaine / menthol topical)
- Cepacol Sore Throat Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: mouth and throat products
Other brands: Chloraseptic Sore Throat Lozenges