Colace by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
Medically reviewed on Mar 29, 2018
Dosage form: capsule
Ingredients: docusate sodium 100mg
Labeler: Physicians Total Care, Inc.
NDC Code: 54868-2337
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Colace 100 mg
Active ingredient (in each capsule)
Docusate sodium 100 mg
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces a bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
- if you are presently taking mineral oil, unless told to do so by a doctor
- stomach pain
- noticed a sudden change in bowel movements that continues over a period of 2 weeks
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a stool softener laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Directions: Take only by mouth. Doses may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses.
|adults and children|
12 years and over
|children 2 to under|
12 years of age
|children under 2 years||ask a doctor|
- each tablet contains: sodium 5 mg
VERY LOW SODIUM
- store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
Keep tightly closed.
D&C Red No. 33, FD&C Red No. 40, FD&C Yellow No. 6, gelatin, glycerin, PEG 400, propylene glycol, sorbitol, titanium dioxide
©2009 Purdue Products L.P.
Dist. by: Purdue Products L.P.
Stamford, CT 06901-3431
Additional bar code label applied by:
Physicians Total Care, Inc.
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74146
docusate sodium capsule
|Labeler - Physicians Total Care, Inc. (194123980)|
|Physicians Total Care, Inc.||194123980||relabel|
- Colace (4 labels)
More about Colace (docusate)
- Colace Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 5 Reviews
- Drug class: laxatives