Infants TYLENOL by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: acetaminophen 160mg in 5mL
Labeler: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
NDC Code: 50580-223
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- reduces fever
- relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- the common cold
- sore throat
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor before use if your child has liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use.
- do not give more than directed (see overdose warning)
- shake well before using
- mL = milliliter
- find right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- push air out of syringe. Insert syringe tip into bottle opening
- flip bottle upside down. Pull yellow part of syringe to correct dose
- dispense liquid slowly into child's mouth, toward inner cheek
- repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
- replace cap tightly to maintain child resistance
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose (mL)|
|under 24||under 2 years||ask a doctor|
|24-35||2-3 years||5 mL|
Attention: use only enclosed syringe specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- do not use if carton tape imprinted "TYLENOL" or bottle wrap imprinted "TYLENOL" is broken or missing
anhydrous citric acid, butylparaben, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, microcrystalline cellulose and carboxymethylcellulose sodium, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucralose, xanthan gum
call 1-800-458-1635 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)
See New Warning
Pain Reliever-Fever Reducer
Pain + Fever
See label booklet for more information
2 fl oz (60 ml)
160 mg per 5 ml
Use Only Enclosed Syringe
|Labeler - Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division (878046358)|
Medically reviewed on Dec 15, 2017
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about acetaminophen
- Acetaminophen Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 53 Reviews
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics
- FDA Alerts (14)
- Acetaminophen injection
- Acetaminophen rectal
- Acetaminophen Capsules and Tablets
- Acetaminophen Chewable Tablets
- ... +9 more