stool softener by Safeway
Medically reviewed on November 27, 2017
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 100mg
NDC Code: 21130-486
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Docusate sodium 100 mg
Stool softener laxative
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
- if you are presently taking mineral oil, unless told to do so by a doctor
- stomach pain
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
taking any other drug. Take this product two or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
do not exceed the maximum recommended daily dosage in a 24-hour period
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- Take only by mouth. Doses may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses.
|adults and children 12 years and over||take 1 - 3 softgels daily|
|children 2 to under 12 years of age||take 1 softgel daily|
|children under 2 years||ask a doctor|
- each softgel contains: sodium 6 mg
- very low sodium
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
D&C red no. 33, edible ink, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, FD&C yellow no. 6, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol sorbitan solution, titanium dioxide
docusate sodium capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Safeway (009137209)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about docusate
- Docusate Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 16 Reviews
- Drug class: laxatives