Cetirizine Hydrochloride HIVES
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE 1mg in 1mL
Labeler: Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd
NDC Code: 57664-246
Cetirizine hydrochloride, USP 5mg
relieves itching due to hives (urticaria). This product will not prevent hives or an allergic skin reaction from occurring.
Severe Allergy Warning: Get emergency help immediately if you have hives along with any of the following symptoms:
- trouble swallowing
- dizziness or loss of consciousness
- swelling of tongue
- swelling in or around mouth
- trouble speaking
- wheezing or problems breathing
These symptoms may be signs of anaphylactic shock. This condition can be life threatening if not treated by a health professional immediately. Symptoms of anaphylactic shock may occur when hives first appear or up to a few hours later.
Not a Substitute for Epinephrine. If your doctor has prescribed an epinephrine injector for “anaphylaxis” or severe allergy symptoms that could occur with your hives, never use this product as a substitute for the epinephrine injector. If you have been prescribed an epinephrine injector, you should carry it with you at all times.
to prevent hives from any known cause such as:
- insect stings
- latex or rubber gloves
because this product will not stop hives from occurring.
Avoiding the cause of your hives is the only way to prevent them. Hives can sometimes be serious. If you do not know the cause of your hives, see your doctor for a medical exam. Your doctor may be able to help you find a cause.
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients or to an antihistamine containing hydroxyzine.
- liver or kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose
- hives that are an unusual color, look bruised or blistered
- hives that do not itch
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking tranquilizers or sedatives.
- drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- an allergic reaction to this product occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- symptoms do not improve after 3 days of treatment
- the hives have lasted more than 6 weeks
- if breast-feeding: not recommended
- if pregnant: ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away toll-free number 1-800-222-1222.
- use only with enclosed dosing cup
|adults and children 6 years and over||1 teaspoonful (5 mL) or 2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL) once daily depending upon severity of symptoms; do not take more than 2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL) in 24 hours.
|adults 65 years and over||1 teaspoonful (5 mL) once daily; do not take more than 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) in 24 hours.
|children under 6 years of age||ask a doctor
|consumers with liver or kidney disease||ask a doctor
Store between 20 to 25ºC (68 to 77ºF) or store refrigerated, 2 to 8ºC (36 to 46ºF)
artificial grape flavor, glacial acetic acid, glycerin, methylparaben, purified water, propylene glycol, propylparaben, sodium acetate, and sucrose
call toll-free 1-800-818-4555 weekdays
Dist. by: Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd.
Detroit, Michigan 48202
Mfg. by: SUN Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc.
Bryan, Ohio 43506
6027L01 Iss: 09/11
1mg / mL Oral Solution, USP
24 hour Relief of ITCHING
Due to Hives
Dosing Cup Included
Dosing cup should be washed and left to air dry after each use
Do not use if carton is opened, or if seal of bottle is broken or missing
6 years and older
4 fl. oz. (120 mL)
|CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE HIVES
cetirizine hydrochloride solution
|Labeler - Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd (146974886)|
|Registrant - Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Inc. (621283733)|
|Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Inc.||791055549||MANUFACTURE, ANALYSIS|
Medically reviewed on Oct 3, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about cetirizine
- Cetirizine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 169 Reviews
- Drug class: antihistamines
- Cetirizine Capsules and Tablets
- Cetirizine Chewable Tablets
- Cetirizine Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Cetirizine Syrup