Medically reviewed on Nov 28, 2017
Dosage form: shampoo
Ingredients: PIPERONYL BUTOXIDE 2mL in 100mL, PYRETHRUM EXTRACT 0.17mL in 100mL
Labeler: Fravin Pty Ltd
NDC Code: 76479-4403
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active Ingredients Purpose
Piperonyl butoxide 1X Lice and egg treatment
Pyrethrum 1X Lice and egg treatment
(Piperonyl butoxide 20mg/g) 2% Lice and egg treatment
(Pyrethrum 1.7mg/g) 0.17% Lice and egg treatment
For external use only.
Do Not Use:
- Near eyes
- Inside the nose, mouth, or vagina
- On lice in eyebrows or eyelashes.
When using this product
- Keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a wash cloth or towel.
- If product gets into eyes flush with water right away
- Scalp itching and redness may occur
Ask a doctor before use if you are
- Allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic attack.
Stop use and ask doctor if
- Eye irritation occurs
- Breathing difficulty occurs
- Skin or scalp irritation continues or infection occurs
Keep out of reach of Children
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Centre right away.
Uses treats head lice and body lice
- For more information read the enclosed Consumer Information Leaflet.
- Protect from excessive heat.
Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, D'Limonene (Orange) Oil*, Eucalyptus Globulus (Southern
Blue Gum) Oil*, Glycerine*, Glycine soja (Soya Bean) Oil*, Leptospermum petersonii
(Lemon Scented Tea Tree) Oil*, Maurita Flexuosa Fruit (Buriti) Oil*, Melaleuca alternifolia
(Tea Tree) Oil*, Melaleuca quinquenervia (Broad Leaf Paperbark Gum) Oil*.
*Ingredients from Organic Farming.
- Important: Read warnings before use
- Check each household member with a magnifying glass in bright light for lice/nits (eggs)
- Look for tiny nits near scalp, beginning at back of back and behind ears
- Examine small sections of hair at a time
- Unlike dandruff which moves when touched, nits stick to the hair
- If either lice or nits are found, treat with this product
- Apply thoroughly to dry hair or other affected area. For head lice, first apply behind ears
and to back of neck.
- Allow product to remain for 10 minutes, but no longer
- Wash area thoroughly with warm water and soap or shampoo
- For head lice, towel dry hair and comb out tangles.
- Use a fine-tooth or special lice/nit comb. Remove any remaining nits by hand using a
- Hair should remain slightly damp while removing nits
- If hair dries during combing, dampen slightly with water
- For head lice, part hair into sections. Do one section at a time starting on top of head.
Longer hair may take 1 to 2 hours.
- Lift a 1- to 2-inch wide strand of hair. Place comb as close to scalp as possible and
comb with a firm, even motion away from scalp.
- Pin back each strand of hair after combing
- Clean comb often. Wipe nits away with tissue and discard in a plastic bag. Seal bag
and discard to prevent lice from coming back.
- After combing, thoroughly recheck for lice/nits. Repeat combing if necessary.
- Check daily for any lice/nits that you missed.
- A second treatment must be done in 7 to 10 days to kill any newly hatched lice.
- If infestation continues, see a doctor for other treatments.
piperonyl butoxide shampoo
|Labeler - Fravin Pty Ltd (752587444)|
|Fravin Pty Ltd||752587444||manufacture|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.