TOLNAFTATE ANTIFUNGAL by Major Pharmaceuticals
Medically reviewed on November 13, 2017
Dosage form: powder
Ingredients: TOLNAFTATE 1g in 100g
Labeler: Major Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 0904-0726
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Tolnaftate 1 %
- for effective treatment of most athlete's foot (linea pedis), jock itch (tinea cruris) and ring worm (tiea corporis)
- for effective relief of itchy, scaly skin between the toes
- clears up most athlete's foot infection and with daily use helps to keep it from coming back
Do not use on children under 2 years of age.
Do not use for diaper rash.
For external use only
When using this product avoid contact with the eyes
Stop use and consult a doctor if
- irritation occurs or if there is no improvement within 4 weeks (for athlete's foot and ringworm)
- irritation occurs or if there is no improvement within 2 weeks (for jock itch)
Keep out of reach of children
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- shake well before use
- clean the affected area and dry thoroughly
- apply a thin layer of the product over affected area twice daily (morning and night) or as directed by a doctor
- supervise children in the use of this product
For athlete's foot
- use daily for 4 weeks. If condition persists longer, consult a doctor
- pay special attention to the spaces between the toes
- wear well-fitting ventilated shoes
- change shoes and socks at least once a daily
- to prevent athlete's foot, clean and dry feet thoroughly.
Apply as above or twice daily
- use only for 4 weeks. If condition persists longer, consult a doctor.
For jock itch
- use daily for 2 weeks. If condition persists longer, consuly a doctor.
This product is not effective on the scalp or nails.
- store at room temperature
starch and talc
|Labeler - Major Pharmaceuticals (191427277)|
|Registrant - GCP Laboratories (965480861)|
|GCP Laboratories||965480861||manufacture(0904-0726), relabel(0904-0726)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about tolnaftate topical
- Tolnaftate topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 3 Reviews
- Drug class: topical antifungals
- Tolnaftate topical
- Tolnaftate Cream and Solution
- Tolnaftate Powder
- Tolnaftate Spray and Spray Powder
- Tolnaftate Topical (Advanced Reading)