Diphenhydramine HCl by Contract Pharmacal Corp
Medically reviewed on November 17, 2017
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: DIPHENHYDRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE 50mg
Labeler: Contract Pharmacal Corp
NDC Code: 10267-0836
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
*Compare to Benadryl®
Diphenhydramine 25mg and 50mg
Relieves sneezing, runny nose, itchy, watery eyes & itchy throat
DO NOT USE IF EITHER CAPSULE BAND OR IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
(in each tablet)
Diphenhydramine HCl 25 mg
Diphenhydramine HCl 50 mg
temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies and common cold
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itchy throat and nose
Do not use
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even on applied on skin.
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
ask a health care professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
|adults and children 12 years of age and over||take 25 mg to 50 mg (1 to 2 capsules) every 4 to 6 hours, not to exceed 12 capsules in 24 hours|
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||take 25 mg (1 capsule) every 4 to 6 hours, not to exceed 6 capsules in 24 hours|
|children under 6 years of age||consult a physician|
|adults and children 12 years of age and over||take 50 mg (1 capsule) every 4 to 6 hours, not to exceed 6 capsules in 24 hours|
|children under 12 years of age||consult a physician, the proper dosage strength is not available in this package*|
*Do not attempt to break capsule. The proper dosage strength and dosing information for children under 12 years of age is available in the 25 mg package.
- store at room temperature, USP
- contains lactose
D&C Red #28, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40, Gelatin, Lactose and Starch.
Manufactured by: CONTRACT PHARMACAL CORP
135 Adams Ave., Hauppauge, NY 11788 USA www.cpc.com
diphenhydramine hcl tablet
diphenhydramine hcl tablet
|Labeler - Contract Pharmacal Corp (968334974)|
|Contract Pharmacal Corp||968334974||MANUFACTURE|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about diphenhydramine
- Diphenhydramine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 182 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: anticholinergic antiemetics
- Diphenhydramine (Sleep Aid) Capsules and Tablets
- Diphenhydramine (Sleep Aid) Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Diphenhydramine Capsules and Tablets
- Diphenhydramine Chewable Tablets and Orally-Disintegrating Tablets
- ... +5 more