Cough and Cold XL3 Xtra by Selder, S.A. de C.V.
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 250mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg
Labeler: Selder, S.A. de C.V.
NDC Code: 63654-800
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 250 mg
Chlorpheniramine Maleate 2 mg
Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 10 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
temporarily relieves: • muscular aches and pains • headache • temporarily reduces fever • runny nose • sneezing • itching of the nose or throat • itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies • pressure • nasal congestion • cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
Liver warning This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take • more than 12 tablets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount • with other drugs containing acetaminophen • 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product.
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
• skin reddening • blisters • rash
if a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
• with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist. • for more than 10 days for pain unless directed by a doctor • for more than 3 days for fever unless directed by a doctor •if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
• if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product • for persistent or chronic cough such as occurs when smoking, asthma, or emphysema, or if cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus) unless directed by a doctor • if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers, without first consulting your doctor.
• liver disease • a breathing problem such as emphysema • glaucoma • heart disease • high blood pressure • thyroid disease • diabetes • difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
• are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
• excitability may occur, especially in children • may cause drowsiness •alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness effect • use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery • avoid alcohlic beverages
• symptoms do not improve • pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days • redness or swelling is present • new symptoms occur •cough comes back or occurs with a rash or a headache tha lasts. These could be the signs of a serious condition • nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur • fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms
• Do not use more than directed (see overdose warning) •do not take this product form more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor • Adults and children 12 years of age and over • take 2 capsule every 4 hours. • Do not take more than 12 capsules in 24 hours Children under 12 years of age • Do not use this adult product in children under 12 years of age; this will provide more than the recommended dose (overdoes) may cause liver damage. Do not exceed recommended dosage
Store at room temperature to 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF) • do not use if package is torn or damaged
D&C red no. 33, FD&C blue no. 1, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol 600, polyethylene glycol 1000, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water
You may report any side effects to 1-855-259-1590 Monday through Friday 9AM-5PM EST
|Labeler - Selder, S.A. de C.V. (824413629)|
|Selgel México, S.A. de C.V.||812296782||manufacture(63654-800)|
|Progela, S.A. de C.V.||812374932||manufacture(63654-800)|
Medically reviewed on Oct 31, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about acetaminophen/chlorpheniramine/dextromethorphan/phenylephrine
- Acetaminophen/chlorpheniramine/dextromethorphan/phenylephrine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- FDA Alerts (3)
- Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine, Dextromethorphan, Phenylephrine Liquid
- Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine, Dextromethorphan, Phenylephrine Suspension
- Acetaminophen/Chlorpheniramine/Dextromethorphan/Phenylephrine Caps & Tabs