Silphen DM Cough
Medically reviewed on Nov 9, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 5mL
Labeler: Lannett Company, Inc.
NDC Code: 54838-105
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active Ingredient: Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 10 mg (in each 5 mL)
Purpose: Cough Suppressant
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a common cold
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache,. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period
|Adults and children 12 years of age and older||2 teaspoonfuls every 6 to 8 hours|
|Children under 12 yrs||Do not use|
Store at room temperature 20°-25°C (68°-77°F).
alcohol 5%, ammonium chloride, citric acid, D&C yellow No 10, FD&C blue no 1, FD&C red no.40, strawberry flavor, glycerin, menthol, methylparaben, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sucrose, purified water.
Silarx Pharmaceuticals, Inc,
19 West Street,
Spring Valley, NY 10977 USA
|SILPHEN DM COUGH
dextromethorphan hydrobromide liquid
|Labeler - Lannett Company, Inc. (161630033)|
More about dextromethorphan
- Dextromethorphan Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 226 Reviews
- Drug class: antitussives
- Dextromethorphan Capsules
- Dextromethorphan Chewable Tablets
- Dextromethorphan Extended-Release Suspension
- Dextromethorphan Liquid and Syrup
- ... +3 more