Silace by Silarx Pharmaceuticals,Inc
Medically reviewed on June 25, 2018
Dosage form: syrup
Ingredients: Docusate sodium 60mg in 15mL
Labeler: Silarx Pharmaceuticals,Inc
NDC Code: 54838-107
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active Ingredient: Docusate sodium 60 mg (in each 15 mL (1 tablespoonful))
Purpose: Stool Softener
- for gentle, reliable relief from occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
- Do not use
laxative products for longer than 1 week unless told to do so by a doctor
- Do not use if you are presently taking mineral oil unless told to do by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- stomach pain
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that last over two weeks
Stop use and ask a doctor if you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition
If pregnant or breast feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take as directed by a doctor
- doses must be given in a 6-8 oz glass of milk or fruit juice, to prevent throat irritation
- dose may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses
- dosage should be adjusted to individual response
|Adults and children 12 years of age and older||1 to 6 tablespoonfuls, or as directed by a doctor
|Children 6 to under 12 years of age||1 to 2 1/2 tablespoonfuls, or as directed by a doctor
|Children under 6 years||Ask a doctor
- store at room temperature 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- protect from freezing and excessive heat
- do not use if tamper-evident safety seal around cap is broken or missing
dispense in tight, light-resistant container with a child-resistant closure
alcohol not more than 1%, citric acid, D&C red no. 33, FD&C red no. 40, peppermint flavor, glycerin, methylparaben, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sucrose.
Silarx Pharmaceutical, Inc.
1033 Stoneleigh Ave
Carmel , NY 10512-USA.
docusate sodium syrup
|Labeler - Silarx Pharmaceuticals,Inc (161630033)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about Silace (docusate)
- Silace Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: laxatives