Prevantics swabstick by Professional Disposables International, Inc.
Medically reviewed on January 8, 2018
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: CHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE 31.5mg in 1mL, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL 0.70mL in 1mL
Labeler: Professional Disposables International, Inc.
NDC Code: 10819-4075
Chlorhexidine gluconate 3.15% w/v
Isopropyl alcohol 70% v/v
for the preparation of the patient's skin prior to surgery or injection
For external use only
Flammable, keep away from fire or flame
- Do not use with electrocautery procedures
- on patients with known allergies to chlorhexidine gluconate or isopropyl alcohol
- for lumbar puncture or in contact with the meninges
- on open skin wounds or as a general skin cleanser
- under occlusive patch
keep out of eyes, ears, mouth and mucous membranes. May cause serious or permanent injury if permitted to enter and remain. If contact occurs, rinse with cold water right away and contact a doctor.
irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
- peal apart the pouch to expose the swabstick
- remove the swabstick from package. Do not touch the foam tip
- prior to surgery or injection, apply swabstick to the procedure site
- place one flat side of foam tip to the proposed skin site and prep the skin in vigorous back-and-forth repeated strokes for one (1) minute
- turn the swabstick over (unused side of the foam tip) and repeat the procedure by prepping for one (1) minute
- allow the prepped area to air dry for one and one half minutes (1.5 minutes)
- do not blot or wipe dry
- discard after a single use
- store between 68-77°F (20-25°C)
- avoid freezing and excessive heat above 104°F (40°C)
- for hospital and professional use only
USP purified water
call 1-800-999-6423, M-F (9:00 am-5:00 pm EST)
Reorder No. S40750
[Chlorhexidine Gluconate (3.15%)* and Isopropyl Alcohol (70%) Swab]
Patient preoperative skin preparation
*equivalent to 268mg of Chlorhexidine Gluconate per pouch
For external use only
- Single step, broad spectrum, persistent antiseptic that significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on intact skin
- Use for the preparation of the patient's skin prior to surgery or injection
- Helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause skin infection
- Latex free
- For hospital and professional use only
IMPORTANT: See carton for complete Drug Facts and safety information.
Professional Disposables International, Inc.
Orangeburg, NY 10962-1376
USA - 1-800-999-6423
www.pdipdi.com Made in USA
One Swabstick, 0.054 fl. oz. (1.6 mL) Each
chlorhexidine gluconate and isopropyl alcohol solution
|Labeler - Professional Disposables International, Inc. (800777117)|
|Professional Disposables International, Inc.||800777117||manufacture(10819-4075)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about chlorhexidine topical
- Chlorhexidine topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 30 Reviews
- Drug class: antiseptic and germicides
- Chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse
- Chlorhexidine topical
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate (Oral)
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate (Topical)
- Chlorhexidine (Advanced Reading)
- ... +2 more