Prevantics Swab by Professional Disposables International, Inc.
Medically reviewed on October 27, 2017
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: CHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE 31.5mg in 1mL, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL 0.7mL in 1mL
Labeler: Professional Disposables International, Inc.
NDC Code: 10819-1080
Chlorhexidine gluconate 3.15% w/v
Isopropyl alcohol 70% v/v
for the preparation of the patient's skin prior to an injection
- For external use only
- Flammable, keep away from fire or flame
- Do not use with electrocautery procedures
- on patients allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredients in this product
- for lumbar puncture or in contact with the meninges
- on open skin wounds or as a general skin cleanser
- under occlusive patch
keep out of eyes, ears, mouth and mucous membranes. May cause serious or permanent injury if permitted to enter and remain. If contact occurs, rinse with cold water right away and contact a doctor.
irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
- maximum treatment area for one swab is approximately 2.5 by 2.5 inches (6 by 6 cm)
- tear open packet and remove swab. Do not unfold swab.
- prior to injection, apply swab to the procedure site by holding swab between thumb and index finger. Apply swab to skin using repeated back-and-forth strokes for 15 seconds.
- allow the prepped area to air dry for 30 seconds
- do not blot or wipe dry
- discard after a single use
- store between 68-77°F (20-25°C)
- avoid freezing and excessive heat above 104°F (40°C)
- for hospital and professional use only
USP purified water
This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may inlcude:
- wheezing/difficulty breathing
- facial swelling
if an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Reorder No. B11400
Chlorhexidine Gluconate (3.15%) and Isopropyl Alcohol (70%) swab
Packagind is sterile when in sterile kits
For external use only
Use for the prepration of the patient's skin prior to an injection
Helps reduce bacteria that potentially can case skin infection
For hospital and profesional use only
IMPORTANT: See insert for complete Drug Facts and safety information.
chlorhexidine gluconate and isopropyl alcohol solution
|Labeler - Professional Disposables International, Inc. (800777117)|
|Professional Disposables International, Inc.||800777117||manufacture(10819-1080)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about chlorhexidine topical
- Chlorhexidine topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 28 Reviews
- Drug class: antiseptic and germicides
- Chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse
- Chlorhexidine topical
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate (Oral)
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate (Topical)
- Chlorhexidine (Advanced Reading)
- ... +2 more