Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 4, 2019.
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXBROMPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 0.667mg in 5mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 5mL, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 20mg in 5mL
Labeler: R. A. McNeil Company
NDC Code: 12830-816
(in each 5 mL teaspoonful)
Dexbrompheniramine Maleate 0.667 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Pseudeophedrine HCl 20 mg
temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold, hay fever (allergic rhinitis) or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itching of the nose or throat
- itchy, watery eyes
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- nasal congestion
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- may cause marked drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizes may increase the drowsiness effect
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- cough or nasal congestion persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- new symptoms occur
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Do not exceed 4 doses in a 24 hour period.
|Adults and children
12 years of age
|3 teaspoonfuls (15 mL)
every 6 hours, not to
exceed 12 teaspoonfuls
in 24 hours
|Children 6 to under
12 years of age:
|1 1/2 teaspoonfuls
(7.5 mL) every 6 hours,
not to exceed 6
|Children under 6
years of age:
|Consult a Physician.
Store at 59°-86°F (15°-30°C)
Bitter Mask, Citric Acid, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Saccharin, Sorbitol, Sucralose, Tutti Frutti Flavor.
dexbrompheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, pseudoephedrine hydrochloride liquid
|Labeler - R. A. McNeil Company (008305220)|