Tussin CF by Kareway Product, Inc.
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Kareway Product, Inc.
NDC Code: 67510-0506
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each 5mL tsp)
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 10mg
Guaifenesin, USP 100mg
Phenylephrine HCl, USP 5mg
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
- temporarily relieves these symptoms occurring with a cold:
- nasal congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 tsp every 4 hours
|children 6 years to under 12 years||1 tsp every 4 hours
|children 2 years to under 6 years||1/2 tsp every 4 hours
|children under 2 years||ask a doctor
- each teaspoon contains:sodium 1mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- dosage cup provided
- not a USP elixir
cherry flavor, citric acid, FD and C red no. 40, glycerin, sucrose, sucralose, menthol, propylene glycol, purified water, xanthan gum, polysorbate, sorbitol solution, sodium benzoate
dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
|Labeler - Kareway Product, Inc. (121840057)|
Medically reviewed on Aug 27, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Tussin CF (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin / phenylephrine)
- Tussin CF Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- FDA Alerts (2)