Tusnel DM Pediatric
Medically reviewed on April 2, 2018.
Dosage form: solution/ drops
Ingredients: Guaifenesin 25mg in 1mL, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 7.5mg in 1mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 2.5mg in 1mL
Labeler: Llorens Pharmaceutical International Division
NDC Code: 54859-603
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active Ingredients in each 1 mL (dropperful) Purpose
Dextromethorphan HBr........ 2.5 mg.......................................... Cough suppressant
Pseudoephedrine HCl..........7.5mg..............................................Nasal Decongestant
- Temporary relief of cough due to minor throat and
- Temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to
the common cold and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial
secretions to make cough more productive.
Do not use in child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidaseinhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotionalconditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping theMAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains anMAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if your child has
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or accompanied by fever
- cough last more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. A persistent cough could be a sign of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- store at controlled room temperature 20° - 25° C (68° - 77° F); excursions permitted to 15° - 30° C (59° - 86° F) [See USP Controlled Room Temperature]
- Tamper evident by imprinted heat seal under cap. Do not use if there is evidence of tampering
- Oral dosing device enclosed
Inactive ingredients citric acid, D and C Red Number 33,FD and C Blue #1, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, sodium saccharin, water.
Directions Do not exceed more than 4 doses in any 24-hour periodor as directed by a doctor.
|Children 2 to under|
6 years of age
|24 -47 lbs|| Take 2 mL (two dropperfuls)
every 4 to 6 hours
|Children under 2 years of age||Under 24 lbs|| ask a doctor
dextromethorphan, guiafenesin, pseudoephedrine hcl solution/ drops
|Labeler - Llorens Pharmaceutical International Division (037342305)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about dextromethorphan/guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine
- Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 7 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Dextromethorphan, guaifenesin, and pseudoephedrine
- Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine, and Dextromethorphan Tablets and Capsules
- Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine, and Dextromethorphan Liquid