Tussin CF by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Physicians Total Care, Inc.
NDC Code: 54868-6223
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mg
Guaifenesin, USP 100 mg
Phenylephrine HCl, USP 5 mg
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
- temporarily relieves these symptoms occurring with a cold:
- nasal congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
do not use more than directed
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
- mL = milliliter; tsp = teaspoonful
|adults and children 12 years and over||10 mL (2 tsp) every 4 hours|
|children under 12 years||do not use|
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 3 mg
- store at 20º-25ºC (68º-77ºF)
anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C red no. 40, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
Additional barcode labeling by:
Physicians Total Care, Inc.
Tulsa, OK 74146
Tussin CF Cough & Cold
(Dextromethorphan HBr) Expectorant (Guaifenesin)
Relieves: Coughs /Stuffy Nose /Chest Congestion Mucus
For Ages 12 & Over
Compare to active ingredients of Robitussin® Cough & Cold CF
dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hydrochloride liquid
|Labeler - Physicians Total Care, Inc. (194123980)|
|Physicians Total Care, Inc.||194123980||relabel, repack|
Medically reviewed on Jul 2, 2018
More about Tussin CF (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin / phenylephrine)
- Tussin CF Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- FDA Alerts (2)