Non Drowsy Cold and Cough PE
Dosage form: capsule, coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg, GUAIFENESIN 100mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg
Labeler: WOONSOCKET PRESCRIPTION CENTER,INCORPORATED
NDC Code: 59779-799
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromathorphan HBr 10 mg
Guaifenesin 100 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold:
- nasal congestion
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes and make coughs more productive
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Sever liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 12 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompained or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's Disease), or for 2 weeks after shopping the MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed (see overdose warning)
adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 caplets every 4 hours
- do not take more than 12 caplets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: do not uses this adult product in children under 12 years of age; this will provide more than the recommended dose (overdose) and may cause liver damage
- store at controlled room temperature 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date or lot number
corn starch, crospovidone, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, maletodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silica gle, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
The product packaging shown below represents a sample of that currently in use. Additional packaging may also be available.
Compare to the active ingredients in Sudafed PE® Cold & Cough*
COUGH & COLD PE
ACETAMINOPHEN, DEXTROMATHORPHAN HBr
GUAIFENESIN, PHENYLEPHRINE HCl
PAIN RELIEVER/FEVER REDUCER, EXPECTORANT
COUGH SUPPRESSANT, NASAL DECONGESTANT
•Nasal & sinus congestion
•Fever & body aches
•Cough & sore throat
Does not contain Pseudoephedrine
* This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, owner of the registered trademark Sudafed ® PE Cold & Cough.
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Ddrive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2010 CVS/pharmacy
|NON DROWSY COLD AND COUGH PE
acetaminophen, dextromathorphan hbr, gauifenesin, phenylephrine hcl capsule, coated
|Labeler - WOONSOCKET PRESCRIPTION CENTER,INCORPORATED (062312574)|
Medically reviewed on Aug 20, 2018
More about acetaminophen/dextromethorphan/guaifenesin/phenylephrine
- Acetaminophen/dextromethorphan/guaifenesin/phenylephrine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- 1 Review
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- FDA Alerts (4)
- Acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, guaifenesin, and phenylephrine
- Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan, Guaifenesin, Phenylephrine Caps & Tabs
- Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan, Guaifenesin, and Phenylephrine Liquid