Allegra-D Allergy and Congestion
Medically reviewed on January 15, 2018
Dosage form: tablet, film coated, extended release
Ingredients: FEXOFENADINE HYDROCHLORIDE 60mg, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 120mg
Labeler: Chattem, Inc.
NDC Code: 41167-4310
(in each tablet)
Fexofenadine HCl 60 mg
(in each tablet)
Pseudoephedrine HCl 120 mg
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
▪ runny nose
▪ itchy, watery eyes
▪ itching of the nose or throat
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
- temporarily relieves sinus congestion and pressure
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)
(certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- If you have difficulty swallowing
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose.
do not take more than directed
- do not take at the same time as aluminum or magnesium antacids
- do not take with fruit juices (see Directions)
- the tablet coating may be seen in the stool (this is normal). Continue to take as directed (see Directions).
- an allergic reaction to this product occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days or are accompanied by a fever
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not divide, crush, chew or dissolve the tablet; swallow tablet whole
|adults and children 12 years|
of age and over
|take 1 tablet with a glass of water
every 12 hours on an empty stomach; do
not take more than 2 tablet in 24 hours
|children under 12 years of age||do not use|
|adults 65 years of age and older||ask a doctor|
|consumers with kidney disease||ask a doctor|
- safety sealed: do not use if carton is opened or if individual blister units are torn or opened
- store between 20º and 25ºC (68º and 77ºF)
carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch, stearic acid
call toll-free 1-800-633-1610 or www.allegra.com
|ALLEGRA-D ALLERGY AND CONGESTION
fexofenadine hydrochloride and pseudoephedrine hydrochloride tablet, film coated, extended release
|Labeler - Chattem, Inc. (003336013)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about fexofenadine/pseudoephedrine
- Fexofenadine/pseudoephedrine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 41 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations