Backache Relief by Rite Aid Corporation
Medically reviewed on November 7, 2017
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: MAGNESIUM SALICYLATE 580mg
Labeler: Rite Aid Corporation
NDC Code: 11822-0338
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Magnesium salicylate tetrahydrate 580 mg (NSAID)*
(equivalent to 467.2 mg of anhydrous magnesium salicylate)
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
for the temporary relief of minor backache pain
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Magnesium salicylate may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
if you are allergic to salicylates (including aspirin) or any other pain reliever/fever reducer.
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you have asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
taking a prescription drug for
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use magnesium salicylate during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults: 2 caplets every 6 hours, not to exceed 8 caplets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: do not use unless directed by a doctor
- each caplet contains: magnesium 50 mg
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, stearic acid, titanium dioxide, triacetin
**Compare to the active ingredient in Extra Strength Doan's®
magnesium salicylate tetrahydrate (NSAID) 580 mg
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF CARTON IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
**This product is not manufactured or distributed by Novartis Consumer Health, Inc., owner of the registered trademark Extra Strength Doan's®.
DISTRIBUTED BY: RITE AID
30 HUNTER LANE
CAMP HILL, PA 17011
IF YOU'RE NOT SATISFIED, WE'LL HAPPILY REFUND YOUR MONEY.
magnesium salicylate tetrahydrate tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Rite Aid Corporation (014578892)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(11822-0338)|
|LNK International, Inc.||038154464||PACK(11822-0338)|
|LNK International, Inc.||967626305||PACK(11822-0338)|
|LNK International, Inc.||868734088||PACK(11822-0338)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about magnesium salicylate
- Magnesium salicylate Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 8 Reviews
- Drug class: salicylates