acid reducer original strength
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: FAMOTIDINE 10mg
Labeler: Rite Aid Corporation
NDC Code: 11822-0141
Famotidine 10 mg
- relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
- prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking certain food and beverages
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to famotidine or other acid reducers
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- with other acid reducers
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew.
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- read the directions and warnings before use
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- protect from moisture and light
carnauba wax, hypromellose, iron oxides, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin
|Labeler - Rite Aid Corporation (014578892)|
Medically reviewed on Sep 10, 2018
More about Acid Reducer Original Strength (famotidine)
- Acid Reducer Original Strength Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: H2 antagonists
- FDA Alerts (1)