Cetirizine Hydrochloride by Taro Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd.
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: Cetirizine Hydrochloride 1mg in 1mL
Labeler: Taro Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd.
NDC Code: 52549-2106
Cetirizine HCl 5 mg
temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients or to an antihistamine containing hydroxyzine.
Ask a doctor before use if you have liver or kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking tranquilizers or sedatives.
- drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask a doctor if an allergic reaction to this product occurs. Seek medical help right away.
If pregnant or breast-feeding:
- if breastfeeding: not recommended
- if pregnant: ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- use only with enclosed dosing cup
- adults and children 6 years and over: 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) or 2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL) once daily depending upon severity of symptoms; do not take more than 2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL) in 24 hours.
- adults 65 years and older: 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) once daily; do not take more than 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) in 24 hours.
- children 2 to under 6 years of age: 1/2 teaspoonful (2.5 mL) once daily. If needed, dose can be increased to a maximum of 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) once daily or 1/2 teaspoonful (2.5 mL) every 12 hours. Do not give more than 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) in 24 hours.
- children under 2 years of age: ask a doctor
- consumers with liver or kidney disease: ask a doctor
- store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
bubble gum artificial flavor, glacial acetic acid, glycerin, methylparaben, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium acetate anhydrous, sucralose
Dosing cup should be washed and left to air dry after each use. Do not use if carton is opened or if imprinted safety seal is torn or missing.
Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
Hawthorne, NY 10532
Indoor & Outdoor Allergies
Bubble Gum Flavor
- Runny Nose
- Itchy, Watery Eyes
- Itchy Throat or Nose
4 FL OZ (118 mL)
cetirizine hydrochloride solution
|Labeler - Taro Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd. (600072078)|
|Taro Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd.||600072078||MANUFACTURE|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.