Contac Cold and Flu Maximum Strength
Medically reviewed on July 17, 2017.
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 500mg, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg
Labeler: Meda Consumer Healthcare Inc.
NDC Code: 46017-023
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg
Phenylephrine hydrochloride 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold or flu:
- nasal congestion
- minor aches and pains
- runny nose
- sore throat
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 8 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount.
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen.
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, ask a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking
- the blood thinning drug warfarin
- sedatives or tranquilizers,
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- any new symptoms occur
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose can cause serious health problems. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: take 2 caplets every 6 hours as needed.
- Do not take more than 8 caplets in 24 hours.
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- store at 20° - 25°C (68°- 77°F)
carnauba wax, crospovidone, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, starch, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments? call toll-free 1-855-874-0970 (English/Spanish), weekdays
Display Panel CONTAC Maximum Strength Cold + Flu: 24 ct Package
NASAL DECONGESTANT/PAIN RELIEVER – FEVER REDUCER/ANTIHISTAMINE
- NASAL CONGESTION -> Phenylephrine
- HEADACHES, SORE THROAT, FEVER -> Acetaminophen
- RUNNY NOSE, SNEEZING -> Chlorpheniramine
See new warnings information.
TAMPER EVIDENT FEATURES: This product is protected in a
sealed blister. Do not use if blister or printed foil is broken.
Meda Consumer Healthcare Inc.
Marietta, GA 30062
CONTAC® is a registered trademark of Meda AB
© Meda AB 2011 www.contac.com
|CONTAC COLD AND FLU
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, and phenylephrine hydrochloride tablet
|Labeler - Meda Consumer Healthcare Inc. (831410522)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about acetaminophen/chlorpheniramine/phenylephrine
- Acetaminophen/chlorpheniramine/phenylephrine Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 11 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine, and phenylephrine
- Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine, and Phenylephrine Effervescent Tablets
- Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine, and Phenylephrine Tablets