Vicks Childrens NyQuil Cold and Cough Multi-Symptom Relief
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: Chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg in 15mL, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 15mg in 15mL
Labeler: The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
NDC Code: 37000-556
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each 15 mL tablespoon)
|Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg||Antihistamine|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg||Cough suppressant|
temporarily relieves cold symptoms:
- cough due to minor throat & bronchial irritation
- runny nose
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- to make a child sleep
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
- a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
- do not use more than directed
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- alcohol, sedatives, & tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- use dose cup or tablespoon (TBSP)
- do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hrs
|adults & children 12 yrs & over||30 mL (2 TBSP) every 6 hrs|
|children 6 to under 12 yrs||15 mL (1 TBSP) every 6 hrs|
|children 4 to under 6 yrs||ask a doctor|
|children under 4 yrs||do not use|
- each tablespoon contains: sodium 71 mg
- store at room temperature
citric acid, FD&C Red No. 40, flavor, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium citrate, sucrose
Dist. by Procter & Gamble,
Cincinnati OH 45202.
|VICKS CHILDRENS NYQUIL
COLD AND COUGH MULTI-SYMPTOM RELIEF
chlorpheniramine maleate and dextromethorphan hydrobromide solution
|Labeler - The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company (004238200)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.