Prilosec OTC by The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
Medically reviewed on February 5, 2018.
Dosage form: tablet, delayed release
Ingredients: OMEPRAZOLE MAGNESIUM 20.6mg
Labeler: The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
NDC Code: 37000-455
omeprazole magnesium delayed-
release tablets 20.6 mg / acid reducer
Omeprazole delayed-release tablet 20 mg (equivalent to 20.6 mg omeprazole magnesium)
- treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
- not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Do not use if you are allergic to omeprazole
Do not use if you have:
- trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking
- warfarin, clopidogrel, or cilostazol (blood-thinning medicines)
- prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
- diazepam (anxiety medicine)
- digoxin (heart medicine)
- tacrolimus or mycophenolate mofetil (immune system medicines)
- prescription antiretrovirals (medicines for HIV infection)
- methotrexate (arthritis medicine)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- for adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect; some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14-Day Course of Treatment
- swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- take every day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 tablet a day
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
- swallow whole. Do not chew or crush tablets.
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- read the directions and warnings before use
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F) and protect from moisture
glyceryl monostearate, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, iron oxide, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid copolymer, microcrystalline cellulose, paraffin, polyethylene glycol 6000, polysorbate 80, polyvinylpyrrolidone, sodium stearyl fumarate, starch, sucrose, talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate
Dist. by Procter & Gamble, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Product of Sweden
omeprazole magnesium tablet, delayed release
|Labeler - The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company (004238200)|
- Prilosec OTC (3 labels)
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about Prilosec OTC (omeprazole)
- Prilosec OTC Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 14 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: proton pump inhibitors