Vicks NyQuil Cold and Flu Nighttime Relief
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 650mg in 30mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 30mg in 30mL, DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE 12.5mg in 30mL
Labeler: The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
NDC Code: 37000-809
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
COLD & FLU
|Active ingredients (in each 30 mL dose cup)||Purpose|
|Acetaminophen 650 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 30 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Doxylamine succinate 12.5 mg||Antihistamine|
temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- sore throat
- minor aches and pains
- runny nose and sneezing
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
If sore throat is severe, lasts for more than 2 days, occurs with or is followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, see a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- to make a child sleep
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
- a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
- do not use more than directed
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose can cause serious health problems. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- take only as directed - see Overdose warning
- use dose cup or tablespoon (TBSP)
- do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hrs
|adults & children 12 yrs & over||30 mL (2 TBSP) every 6 hrs|
|children 4 to under 12 yrs||ask a doctor|
|children under 4 yrs||do not use|
- when using other DayQuil® or NyQuil products, carefully read each label to insure correct dosing
- each 30 mL dose cup contains: sodium 44 mg
- store at room temperature
alcohol, citric acid, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Red No. 40, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, PEG-40 stearate, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, xanthan gum
Dist. by Procter & Gamble,
Cincinnati OH 45202.
COLD AND FLU NIGHTTIME RELIEF
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and doxylamine succinate liquid
|Labeler - The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company (004238200)|
Medically reviewed on Oct 22, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about acetaminophen/dextromethorphan/doxylamine
- Acetaminophen/dextromethorphan/doxylamine Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- FDA Alerts (3)
- Acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, and doxylamine
- Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan, and Doxylamine Capsules
- Acetaminophen, Dextromethorphan, and Doxylamine Liquid