Vicks DayQuil Mucus Control DM
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 15mL, GUAIFENESIN 200mg in 15mL
Labeler: The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
NDC Code: 37000-690
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each 15 mL tablespoon)||Purpose|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Guaifenesin 200 mg||Expectorant|
- temporarily relieves cough associated with the common cold
- helps loosen phlegm and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a sodium-restricted diet
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- use dose cup or tablespoon (TBSP)
- do not exceed 6 doses per 24 hours
|adults and children 12 years and over||30 mL (2 TBSP) every 4 hours|
|children 6 to under 12 years||15 mL (1 TBSP) every 4 hours|
|children 4 to under 6 years||ask a doctor|
|children under 4 years||do not use|
- when using other DayQuil or NyQuil® products, carefully read each label to insure correct dosing
- each tablespoon contains: sodium 25 mg
- store at room temperature
carboxymethylcellulose sodium, citric acid, D&C Yellow No. 10, FD&C Yellow No. 6, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate
Dist. by Procter & Gamble,
Cincinnati OH 45202.
MUCUS CONTROL DM
dextromethorphan hydrobromide and guaifenesin liquid
|Labeler - The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company (004238200)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.