Cetirizine Hydrochloride by Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: Cetirizine Hydrochloride 1mg in 1mL
Labeler: Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
NDC Code: 51672-2106
Cetirizine HCl 5 mg
temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients or to an antihistamine containing hydroxyzine.
Ask a doctor before use if you have liver or kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking tranquilizers or sedatives.
- drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if an allergic reaction to this product occurs. Seek medical help right away.
If pregnant or breast-feeding:
- if breast-feeding: not recommended
- if pregnant: ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- use only with enclosed dosing cup
- find right dose on chart below
- mL = milliliter
|adults and children 6 years and over||5 mL or 10 mL once daily depending upon severity of symptoms; do not take more than 10 mL in 24 hours.|
|adults 65 years and over||5 mL once daily; do not take more than 5 mL in 24 hours.|
|children 2 to under 6 years of age||2.5 mL once daily. If needed, dose can be increased to a maximum of 5 mL once daily or 2.5 mL every 12 hours. Do not give more than 5 mL in 24 hours.|
|children under 2 years of age||ask a doctor|
|consumers with liver or kidney disease||ask a doctor|
- do not use if carton is opened or if imprinted safety seal is broken or missing
- see bottom panel for lot number and expiration date
- store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
bubble gum artificial flavor, glacial acetic acid, glycerin, methylparaben, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium acetate anhydrous, sucralose
Distributed by: Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
Hawthorne, NY 10532
Compare to the
in Children's Zyrtec®*
1 mg/mL ALLERGY
Indoor & Outdoor Allergies
- Runny Nose
- Itchy, Watery Eyes
- Itchy Throat or Nose
2 Yrs. & older
Dosing Cup Included
4 FL OZ
cetirizine hydrochloride solution
|Labeler - Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. (145186370)|
|Taro Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd.||600072078||MANUFACTURE(51672-2106)|
Medically reviewed on Jan 21, 2019
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about cetirizine
- Cetirizine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 171 Reviews
- Drug class: antihistamines
- Cetirizine Capsules and Tablets
- Cetirizine Chewable Tablets
- Cetirizine Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Cetirizine Syrup