Vicks Alcohol Free NyQuil Cold and Flu Nighttime Relief
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg in 15mL, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2mg in 15mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15mg in 15mL
Labeler: The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
NDC Code: 37000-699
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
COLD & FLU
(in each 30 mL dose cup)
|Acetaminophen 650 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Chlorpheniramine maleate 4 mg||Antihistamine|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 30 mg||Cough suppressant|
temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- sore throat
- minor aches and pains
- runny nose and sneezing
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
If sore throat is severe, lasts for more than 2 days, occurs with or is followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, see a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- to make a child sleep
- liver disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
- a sodium-restricted diet
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- do not use more than directed
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than directed can cause serious health problems. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults & for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- take only as directed - see Overdose warning
- use dose cup or tablespoon (TBSP)
- do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hrs
|adults & children 12 yrs & over||30 mL (2 TBSP) every 6 hrs|
|children 4 to under 12 yrs||ask a doctor|
|children under 4 yrs||do not use|
- when using other DayQuil® or NyQuil products, carefully read each label to insure correct dosing
- each 30 mL dose cup contains: potassium 7 mg, sodium 47 mg
- store at room temperature
acesulfame potassium, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, citric acid, FD&C Red No. 40, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate
Procter & Gamble,
Cincinnati OH 45202.
|VICKS ALCOHOL FREE NYQUIL
COLD AND FLU NIGHTTIME RELIEF
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, and dextromethorphan hydrobromide liquid
|Labeler - The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company (004238200)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.