Benzodent by Chattem, Inc.
Dosage form: cream
Ingredients: BENZOCAINE 0.2g in 1g
Labeler: Chattem, Inc.
NDC Code: 41167-0053
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
for the temporary relief of pain due to minor irritation of the mouth and gums caused by dentures or orthodontic appliances or injury to mouth and gums
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine, or other “caine” anesthetics. Localized allergic reactions may occur after prolonged or repeated use.
- for more than 7 consecutive days unless directed by a dentist or a doctor
- avoid contact with eyes
- do not exceed the recommended dosage
or dentist if
- sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days
- swelling, rash or fever develops
- irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens
If more than used for pain is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
adults and children 2 years and over:
- remove cap, break metal seal with cap point
- apply directly to the gums or to the denture surface that comes in contact with the affected area of the gums
- if you are using with dentures, wait a few minutes then reinsert dentures and you may use your regular denture adhesive with this product
- use up to 4 times daily or as directed by a dentist or doctor
- children under 12 years of age should be supervised in the use of this product
children under 2 years: consult a dentist or doctor
cellulose gum, D&C red no. 30 lake, eugenol, FD&C blue no.1 lake, oxyquinoline sulfate, petrolatum (245-003)
|Labeler - Chattem, Inc. (003336013)|
|Chattem Plant 1||003336013||MANUFACTURE, PACK|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.