Mucinex Fast-Max Severe Congestion and Cough
Medically reviewed on November 30, 2016
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: dextromethorphan hydrobromide 20mg in 20mL, guaifenesin 400mg in 20mL, phenylephrine hydrochloride 10mg in 20mL
Labeler: Reckitt Benckiser LLC
NDC Code: 63824-014
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each 20 mL)
|Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Guaifenesin 400 mg||Expectorant|
|Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
- nasal congestion due to a cold
- for children under 12 years of age
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- do not use more than directed
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occur
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or occur with fever
- cough comes back, or occurs with rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use dosing cup with other products
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
- mL = milliliter
- Adults and children 12 years and older: 20 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hours.
- Children under 12 years of age: Do not use.
- each 20 mL contains: sodium 14 mg
- tamper evident: do not use if neckband on bottle cap is broken or missing
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- do not refrigerate
- dosing cup provided
anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40, flavors, glycerin, propylene glycol, propyl gallate, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose, trisodium citrate dihydrate, xanthan gum
- may contain this ingredient
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Dist. by: Reckitt Benckiser
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
Made in England
Made in India
Dextromethorphan HBr – Cough Suppressant
Guaifenesin – Expectorant
Phenylephrine HCl – Nasal Decongestant
✓ Controls Cough
✓ Relieves Nasal & Chest Congestion
✓ Thins & Loosens Mucus
6 FL OZ (180mL)
FOR AGES 12+
SEVERE CONGESTION AND COUGH
dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, and phenylephrine hydrochloride solution
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser LLC (094405024)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about dextromethorphan/guaifenesin/phenylephrine
- Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin/phenylephrine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 6 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Dextromethorphan, guaifenesin, and phenylephrine
- Guaifenesin, Dextromethorphan, and Phenylephrine Tablets
- Guaifenesin, Dextromethorphan, and Phenylephrine Liquid