BACTIMICINA COUGH AND COLD
Medically reviewed on Jul 17, 2018
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg in 5mL
Labeler: DLC Laboratories, Inc.
NDC Code: 24286-1546
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each 5 mL = 1 teaspoon)||Purposes|
|Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mg||Cough Suppressant|
|Guaifenesin, USP 100 mg||Expectorant|
|Phenylephrine HCl, USP 5 mg||Nasal Decongestant|
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
- temporarily relieves these symptoms occurring with a cold:
- nasal congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any other oral nasal decongestant or stimulant.
When using this product do not use more than directed
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- this adult product is not intended for children under 12 years old
|12 and over||2 teaspoons (10 mL) every 4 hours|
|Under 12||do not use|
- each teaspoon (5 mL) contains: sodium 2 mg
- store at 15-30°C (59-86°F)
- dosage cup provided
citric acid, FD&C red no. 40, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sorbitol
DLC Laboratories, Inc.
Paramount, CA 90723 USA
Dextromethorphan HBr / Cough Suppressant
Guaifenesin / Expectorant
Phenylephrine HCl / Nasal Decongestant
- STUFFY NOSE
- CHEST CONGESTION
For Ages 12 & Over
4 FL OZ (118 mL)
|BACTIMICINA COUGH AND COLD
dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, and phenylephrine hydrochloride solution
|Labeler - DLC Laboratories, Inc. (093351930)|
|DLC Laboratories, Inc.||093351930||MANUFACTURE(24286-1546), LABEL(24286-1546)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about dextromethorphan/guaifenesin/phenylephrine
- Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin/phenylephrine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- 6 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Dextromethorphan, guaifenesin, and phenylephrine
- Guaifenesin, Dextromethorphan, and Phenylephrine Tablets
- Guaifenesin, Dextromethorphan, and Phenylephrine Liquid