Medically reviewed on May 28, 2018
Dosage form: syrup
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 28mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 388mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg in 5mL
Labeler: Gil Pharmaceutical Corp
NDC Code: 58552-122
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each 5 mL teaspoonful)
Dextromethorphan HBr, 28 mg
Guaifenesin, 388 mg
Phenylephrine HCl, 10 mg
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make cough more productive
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to a cold
you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease, high blood pressure, thyroid disease, diabetes, or difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate unless directed by a doctor
- a cough with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
taking sedatives, tranquilizers and drugs used for depression, especially monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs).
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- cough lasts for more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash or headache that lasts. These can be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- take every 6-8 hours
|adults and children 12 years & over||5 mL (1 teaspoonful)|
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||2.5 mL (1/2 teaspoon)|
|children 2 to 6 years of age||1.25 mL (1/4 teaspoon)|
|children under 2 years of age||Consult a doctor|
- Tamper evident: Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing
- Store at controlled room temperature, between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
Artificial grape and vanilla flavor, bitter mask, citric acid, grapeskin extract, menthol, monoammonium glycyrrhizinate, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucralose. Sodium citrate may be used to adjust pH.
Call 1-877-746-9114, Mon.-Fri. 8:00 am thru 5:00 pm EST. Call your doctor for medical advice in the event of side effects.
Rev. 324:01 6/10
NEW IMPROVED FORMULA
Each 5 mL (one teaspoonful) contains:
Dextromethorphan HBr............................28 mg
Phenylephrine HCl..................................10 mg
dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, and phenylephrine hydrochloride syrup
|Labeler - Gil Pharmaceutical Corp (176826592)|
|Registrant - Hi-Tech Pharmacal Co., Inc. (101196749)|
|Hi-Tech Pharmacal Co., Inc.||101196749||MANUFACTURE|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Giltuss (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin / phenylephrine)
- Giltuss Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations