Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 262mg in 15mL
Labeler: Unique First Aid Corporation
NDC Code: 47682-165
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bismuth Salicylate 262 mg/15 ml
Upset Stomach reliever / antidiarrheal
- traveler's diarrhea
- upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including:
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are:
■ allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
■ taking other salicylate products
Do not use if you have
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- mucus in the stool
Ask a doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any drug for
- anticoagulation (thinning of the blood)
When using this product a temporary and harmless darkening of the tongue and/or stool may occur. Stool darkening should not be confused with melena.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Shake well before use
- Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydrationcaused by diarrhea
Adults and children: (12 years and over)- Take 1 dose (2 tablespoons or 30 ml) every 1/2 to 1 hour, as needed.
Do not exceed 8 doses (16 Tbs or 240 ml) in 24 hours. Use until diarrhea stops, but not more than 2 days.
Children under 12 years: Do not give to children under 12 years of age.
- tamper evident, do not use if container is torn, cut or opened
- store at controlled room temperature 59º-86ºF (15º-30ºC)
- avoid excessive heat and humidity
benzoic acid, citric acid, D&C red #22, D&C red #28, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, methyl salicylate, purified water, salicylic acid, sodium saccharin, sorbic acid, veegum
Questions or comments? 1-800-634-7680
Liquid Relief from Stomach Upset & Diarrhea
Liquido para aliviar el malestar estomacal y la diarrea
Bismuth Subsalicylate 262 mg per 15 ml
Subsalicilato de Bismuto 262 mg per 15 ml
20 – 30 ml
Tamper Evident Unit Dose Packets
Empaquetado con Sellado Evidente en Dosis Untarias
bismuth subsalicylate suspension
|Labeler - Unique First Aid Corporation (832947092)|
|Registrant - Unique First Aid Corporation (832947092)|
Medically reviewed on Nov 1, 2018
More about bismuth subsalicylate
- Bismuth subsalicylate Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 16 Reviews
- Drug class: antidiarrheals
- Bismuth subsalicylate
- Bismuth Subsalicylate Chewable Tablets
- Bismuth Subsalicylate Tablets
- Bismuth Subsalicylate Suspension
- Bismuth subsalicylate (Advanced Reading)