Flu HBP by CVS Pharmacy
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 500mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15mg, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2mg
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 59779-461
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves:
- minor aches and pains
- runny nose
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver Warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 mg in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- liver disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- may cause marked drowsiness
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- new symptoms occur
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not take more than directed
- adults and children 12 years and over: 2 tablets every 6 hours while symptoms persist. Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours.
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
- protect from excessive moisture
corn starch, crospovidone, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
Compare to the active ingredients in Coricidin® HBP Maximum Strength Flu*
Decongestant Free NDC 59779-461-09
ACETAMINOPHEN- Pain reliever / Fever reducer
CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE - Antihistamine
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr - Cough suppressant
For people with high blood pressure
●Body aches, pains
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2017 CVS/pharmacy
CVS.com® 1-800-SHOP CVS
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hbr tablet, film coated
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.