ACETAMINOPHEN pain reliever/fever reducer
Medically reviewed on April 13, 2018
Dosage form: suppository
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 650mg
Labeler: Physicians Total Care, Inc.
NDC Code: 54868-4991
Acetaminophen 650 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- reduces fever
- relieves minor aches, pains, and headache
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if
- an adult or child 12 years and older takes more than 6 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- taken with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- an adult takes 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
For rectal use only
- in children under 12 years
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- you have liver disease
- you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- fever lasts more than 3 days (72 hours), or recurs.
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days.
- new symptoms occur.
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area.
These may be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
If swallowed or in case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical in case of overdose for adults and for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed
- remove wrapper
- carefully insert suppository well up into the rectum
- adults and children 12 years and older:
- 1 suppository every 4 to 6 hours while symptoms last
- do not exceed 6 suppositories in any 24 hour period
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- tamper-evident: suppositories are individually wrapped. Do not use if printed wrapper is opened or damaged.
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F) or in a cool place
hydrogenated vegetable oil
PAIN RELIEVER/FEVER REDUCER
|Labeler - Physicians Total Care, Inc. (194123980)|
|Physicians Total Care, Inc.||194123980||relabel|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about acetaminophen
- Acetaminophen Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 49 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics
- Acetaminophen injection
- Acetaminophen rectal
- Acetaminophen Capsules and Tablets
- Acetaminophen Chewable Tablets
- ... +9 more