ACETAMINOPHEN pain reliever/fever reducer
Medically reviewed on April 13, 2018
Dosage form: suppository
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 650mg
Labeler: Physicians Total Care, Inc.
NDC Code: 54868-4991
Acetaminophen 650 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- reduces fever
- relieves minor aches, pains, and headache
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if
- an adult or child 12 years and older takes more than 6 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- taken with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- an adult takes 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
For rectal use only
- in children under 12 years
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- you have liver disease
- you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- fever lasts more than 3 days (72 hours), or recurs.
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days.
- new symptoms occur.
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area.
These may be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
If swallowed or in case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical in case of overdose for adults and for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed
- remove wrapper
- carefully insert suppository well up into the rectum
- adults and children 12 years and older:
- 1 suppository every 4 to 6 hours while symptoms last
- do not exceed 6 suppositories in any 24 hour period
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- tamper-evident: suppositories are individually wrapped. Do not use if printed wrapper is opened or damaged.
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F) or in a cool place
hydrogenated vegetable oil
PAIN RELIEVER/FEVER REDUCER
|Labeler - Physicians Total Care, Inc. (194123980)|
|Physicians Total Care, Inc.||194123980||relabel|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about acetaminophen
- Acetaminophen Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 49 Reviews
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics
- Acetaminophen injection
- Acetaminophen rectal
- Acetaminophen Capsules and Tablets
- Acetaminophen Chewable Tablets
- ... +9 more