Pain Reliever Extra Strength by Walgreen Company
Medically reviewed on October 31, 2017
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 500mg
Labeler: Walgreen Company
NDC Code: 0363-0519
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- the common cold
- minor pain of arthritis
- muscular aches
- premenstrual and menstrual cramps
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks ever day while using this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not take more than directed
- adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 gelcaps every 6 hours while symptoms last
- do not take more than 6 gelcaps in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor
- do not take for more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- avoid high humidity
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
croscarmellose sodium, D&C red #33, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, gelatin, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, iron oxide black, iron oxide red, iron oxide yellow, polyethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, shellac glaze, stearic acid, titanium dioxide
WALGREENS PHARMACIST RECOMMENDED‡
500 mg / Pain Reliever /
Compare to Extra Strength Tylenol®
Rapid Release Gels active ingredientǂǂ
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED
SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
‡Walgreens Pharmacist Survey Study, November 2016
‡‡This product is not manufactured or distributed by
Johnson & Johnson Corporation, owner of the registered
trademark Extra Strength Tylenol® Rapid Release Gels.
DISTRIBUTED BY: WALGREEN CO.
200 WILMOT RD., DEERFIELD, IL 60015
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
walgreens.com © 2017 Walgreen Co.
|Labeler - Walgreen Company (008965063)|
|LNK International, Inc.||038154464||PACK(0363-0519)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867837||MANUFACTURE(0363-0519), PACK(0363-0519)|
|LNK International, Inc.||967626305||PACK(0363-0519)|
|LNK International, Inc.||868734088||PACK(0363-0519)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about acetaminophen
- Acetaminophen Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 49 Reviews
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics
- Acetaminophen injection
- Acetaminophen rectal
- Acetaminophen Capsules and Tablets
- Acetaminophen Chewable Tablets
- ... +9 more