Flu HBP by Walgreen Company
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 500mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15mg, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2mg
Labeler: Walgreen Company
NDC Code: 0363-0461
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves:
- minor aches and pains
- runny nose
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur in you take:
- more than 4,000 mg in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- liver disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- may cause marked drowsiness
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- new symptoms occur
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed
- adults and children 12 years and over: 2 tablets every 6 hours while symptoms persist. Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours.
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
- protect from excessive moisture
corn starch, crospovidone, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
Compare to Coricidin®
HBP Maximum Strength
Flu active ingredients††
PAIN RELIEVER / FEVER REDUCER
CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE / ANTIHISTAMINE
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr / COUGH SUPPRESSANT
• Relieves body aches, pains, headaches,
runny nose, fever, cough & sneezing
• Flu relief for people with high blood pressure
DISTRIBUTED BY: WALGREEN CO.
200 WILMOT RD., DEERFIELD, IL 60015
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
walgreens.com ©2017 Walgreen Co.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS
OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN
OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
Walgreens Pharmacist Recommended
Walgreens Pharmacist Survey
††This product is not manufactured or distributed by Bayer Healthcare LLC, owner of the registered trademark Coricidin® HBP Maximum Strength Flu.
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, chlorpheniramine maleate tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Walgreen Company (008965063)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(0363-0461)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867837||PACK(0363-0461)|
Medically reviewed on Oct 12, 2018
More about acetaminophen/chlorpheniramine/dextromethorphan
- Acetaminophen/chlorpheniramine/dextromethorphan Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- 1 Review
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- FDA Alerts (3)
- Acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine, and dextromethorphan
- Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine, and Dextromethorphan Liquid and Syrup
- Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine, and Dextromethorphan Suspension
Other brands: Triaminic Multi-Symptom Fever, Coricidin HBP Maximum Strength Flu, Tylenol Children’s Cold + Cough + Runny Nose, Vicks Formula 44 Custom Care Cough & Cold PM, Vicks NyQuil Cold & Flu Nighttime Relief (Alcohol Free)