Delsym by Reckitt Benckiser LLC
Medically reviewed on June 20, 2018
Dosage form: suspension, extended release
Ingredients: Dextromethorphan 30mg in 5mL
Labeler: Reckitt Benckiser LLC
NDC Code: 63824-176
12 Hour Cough Relief
for Children & Adults
Dextromethorphan polistirex equivalent to 30 mg dextromethorphan hydrobromide
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- chronic cough that lasts as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, cough comes back, or occurs with fever, rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- shake bottle well before use
- measure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use dosing cup with other products.
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
- mL = milliliter
|adults and children 12 years of age and over||10 mL every 12 hours,
not to exceed 20 mL in 24 hours
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||5 mL every 12 hours,
not to exceed 10 mL in 24 hours
|children 4 to under 6 years of age||2.5 mL every 12 hours,
not to exceed 5 mL in 24 hours
|children under 4 years of age||do not use|
- each 5 mL contains: sodium 7 mg
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- dosing cup provided
citric acid, edetate disodium, ethylcellulose, FD&C Yellow No. 6, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, methylparaben, polyethylene glycol 3350, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sucrose, tragacanth, vegetable oil, xanthan gum
1-888-963-3382 You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Distributed by: Reckitt Benckiser, Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224 ©RB 2011
dextromethorphan suspension, extended release
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser LLC (094405024)|
- Delsym (8 labels)
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Delsym (dextromethorphan)
- Delsym Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 140 Reviews
- Drug class: antitussives
- Delsym12 Hour Cough Relief
- Delsym Adult Night Time Multi-Symptom
- Delsym Children's Night Time Cough & Cold