Gentle Laxative by Walgreen Company
Medically reviewed on Apr 11, 2018
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: BISACODYL 5mg
Labeler: Walgreen Company
NDC Code: 0363-0327
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bisacodyl USP, 5 mg
- for temporary relief of occasional constipation and irregularity
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 6 to 12 hours
if you cannot swallow without chewing.
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
- do not use within 1 hour after taking an antacid or milk
- do not chew or crush tablet(s)
- you may have stomach discomfort, faintness and cramps
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- take with a glass of water
|adults and children|
12 years and over
|take 1 to 3 tablets
in a single daily dose
|children 6 to under|
|take 1 tablet in a single
|children under 6 years ||ask a doctor|
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- avoid excessive humidity
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
acacia, ammonium hydroxide, calcium carbonate, carnauba wax, colloidal anhydrous silica, corn starch, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, iron oxide black, lactose anhydrous, magnesium stearate, methylparaben, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl acetate phthalate, povidone, propylene glycol, propylparaben, shellac glaze, simethicone, sodium alginate, sodium benzoate, sodium bicarbonate, stearic acid, sucrose, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin, triethyl citrate
WALGREENS PHARMACIST RECOMMENDEDǂ
Bisacodyl USP, 5 mg
• Easy to swallow
Compare to Dulcolax® active ingredientǂǂ
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
ǂWalgreens Pharmacist Survey Study, November 2016.
ǂǂThis product is not manufactured or distributed by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., owner of the registered trademark Dulcolax®.
DISTRIBUTED BY: WALGREEN CO.
200 WILMOT RD., DEERFIELD, IL 60015
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
©2017 Walgreen Co.
|Labeler - Walgreen Company (008965063)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(0363-0327)|
|LNK International, Inc.||038154464||PACK(0363-0327)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867837||PACK(0363-0327)|
|LNK International, Inc.||967626305||PACK(0363-0327)|
|LNK International, Inc.||868734088||PACK(0363-0327)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Gentle Laxative (bisacodyl)
- Gentle Laxative Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- 3 Reviews
- Drug class: laxatives