Medically reviewed on December 26, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: CODEINE PHOSPHATE 10mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg in 5mL, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2mg in 5mL
Labeler: Capital Pharmaceutical, LLC
NDC Code: 29978-420
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each 5 mL teaspoonful)
Chlorpheniramine Maleate 2 mg
Codeine Phosphate* 10 mg
*(WARNING: May be habit forming)
Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 5 mg
Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold, hay fever (allergic rhinitis) or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itching of the nose or throat
- itchy, watery eyes
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- nasal congestion
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- chronic pulmonary disease or shortness of breath, or children who are taking other drugs
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- may cause marked drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase the drowsiness effect
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- may cause or aggravate constipation
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- cough or nasal congestion persists for more than 1week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
- new symptoms occur
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
|Adults and children
12 years of age
Children 6 to under
6 years of age:
|Consult a doctor|
A special measuring device should be used to give an accurate dose of this product to children under 6 years of age. Giving a higher dose than recommended by a doctor could result in serious side effects for your child.
Store at 59° - 86°F (15° - 30°C)
Citric Acid, Cotton Candy Flavor, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Saccharin, Sorbitol.
codeine phosphate, phenylephrine hydrochloride, chlorpheniramine maleate liquid
|Labeler - Capital Pharmaceutical, LLC (831545541)|
|Registrant - Woodfield Pharmaceutical, LLC (079398730)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.