The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Bayer Advanced Aspirin Extra Strength
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: Aspirin 500mg
Labeler: Bayer HealthCare LLC, Consumer Care
NDC Code: 0280-2610
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Aspirin 500 mg (NSAID)
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- muscle pain
- menstrual pain
- pain and fever of colds
- minor pain of arthritis
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
- you have a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug for
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- fever lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 1 or 2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours, not to exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: consult a doctor
- each tablet contains: sodium 72 mg
- store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat and moisture.
- save carton for full directions and warnings
carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, hypromellose, sodium carbonate, zinc stearate
1-800-331-4536 (Mon – Fri 9AM – 5PM EST) or www.BayerAdvancedAspirin.com
ADVANCED ASPIRIN EXTRA STRENGTH
|Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC, Consumer Care (785159372)|