Bayer Advanced Aspirin Regular Strength
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: Aspirin 325mg
Labeler: Bayer Corporation Consumer Care Division
NDC Code: 0280-2605
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
325 mg Coated Tablet
Aspirin 325 mg (NSAID)
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- menstrual pain
- minor pain of arthritis
- muscle pain
- pain and fever of colds
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
- you have a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug for
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- fever lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 1 or 2 tablets every 4 hours or 3 tablets every 6 hours, not to exceed 12 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: consult a doctor
- each tablet contains: sodium 47 mg
- store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat and moisture. Keep desiccant and product in original bottle. Immediately close cap tightly after use.
- save carton for full directions and warnings
carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, hypromellose, sodium carbonate, zinc stearate
1-800-331-4536 (Mon – Fri 9AM – 5PM EST) or www.bayeraspirin.com
ADVANCED ASPIRIN REGULAR STRENGTH
|Labeler - Bayer Corporation Consumer Care Division (785159372)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.