heartburn prevention acid reducer
Medically reviewed on June 20, 2017.
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: FAMOTIDINE 10mg
Labeler: H E B
NDC Code: 37808-141
Famotidine 10 mg
- relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
- prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking certain food and beverages
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to famotidine or other acid reducers
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- with other acid reducers
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew.
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- read the directions and warnings before use
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- protect from moisture and light
carnauba wax, hypromellose, iron oxide red, iron oxide yellow, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin
Compare to Original Strength Pepcid® AC active ingredient
Famotidine Tablets, 10 mg
Just One Tablet Relieves & Prevents Heartburn Due To Acid Indigestion
|Labeler - H E B (007924756)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about famotidine
- Famotidine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 19 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: H2 antagonists
- Famotidine Chewable Tablets
- Famotidine Injection Solution
- Famotidine Tablets
- Famotidine Oral Suspension
- Famotidine (Advanced Reading)