Medically reviewed on October 3, 2017
Dosage form: suppository
Ingredients: Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 5mg, Fat, Hard 1.77g
Labeler: Major Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 0904-7688
Disclaimer: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
|Active ingredients (in each suppository)||Purposes|
|Hard Fat 88.7%||Protectant|
|Phenylephrine HCl 0.25%||Vasoconstrictor|
- temporarily shrinks hemorrhoidal tissue
- temporarily relieves the itching, burning and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids
For rectal use only
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression
When using this product, do not use more than directed
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- bleeding occurs
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- when practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe.
- gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before insertion of suppository.
- detach one suppository from the strip
- separate the two tabs of the white plastic wrap
- with thumb and forefinger of each hand, grasp the tabs and peel downward, unwrapping the suppository
- insert one suppository into the rectum
adults and children 12 years and over: insert one suppository rectally up to 4 times daily
children under 12 years: ask a doctor
store below 30°C (86°F) to avoid melting.
corn starch, methylparaben, propylparaben
17177 N Laurel Park Drive, Suite 233
Livonia, MI 48152 USA
phenylephrine hydrochloride and fat, hard suppository
|Labeler - Major Pharmaceuticals (191427277)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.