Medically reviewed on October 3, 2017
Dosage form: suppository
Ingredients: Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 5mg, Fat, Hard 1.77g
Labeler: Major Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 0904-7688
Disclaimer: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
|Active ingredients (in each suppository)||Purposes|
|Hard Fat 88.7%||Protectant|
|Phenylephrine HCl 0.25%||Vasoconstrictor|
- temporarily shrinks hemorrhoidal tissue
- temporarily relieves the itching, burning and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids
For rectal use only
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression
When using this product, do not use more than directed
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- bleeding occurs
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- when practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe.
- gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before insertion of suppository.
- detach one suppository from the strip
- separate the two tabs of the white plastic wrap
- with thumb and forefinger of each hand, grasp the tabs and peel downward, unwrapping the suppository
- insert one suppository into the rectum
adults and children 12 years and over: insert one suppository rectally up to 4 times daily
children under 12 years: ask a doctor
store below 30°C (86°F) to avoid melting.
corn starch, methylparaben, propylparaben
17177 N Laurel Park Drive, Suite 233
Livonia, MI 48152 USA
phenylephrine hydrochloride and fat, hard suppository
|Labeler - Major Pharmaceuticals (191427277)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.